Friday, May 9, 2014

The Aster Cardigan from LBG Studio


I think this is my new favorite cardigan pattern - the Aster Cardigan, designed by LBG Studio. Another great pattern from the Willow & Co Wanderlust collection. Umm, can I get one in my size please? For real.


The cardigan is a cropped length that is right on trend. And the 3/4 length sleeves are my favorite sleeve style. For this outfit I paired he cardi with some cropped jeans and a simple tee. I love the retro feel of the three paired together.


The peter pan style collar gives the cardi a very timeless look. Wear it casually with jeans, like above, or dress it, like below. For this outfit I paired the cardi with the Fawn Lily dress - also from the Willow & Co Wanderlust collection.  :)


I made the Aster with a creamy colored cotton interlock that has subtle glitter specks throughout. Then the color has a cream colored lace overlay. Both details are hard to capture in pictures, but oh SO lovely in real life! They add just enough glam, without being too dressy. Then for the three little buttons I chose a pearly pink...because, according to this girl, pink goes with everything.

Then there's that balloon Keilana insisted on having in the pictures with her. LOL!


I sized up on the pattern for two reasons: one is that the cotton interlock I used is a bit of a stiff knit, the other is that I discovered that this knit also tends to keep shrinking slightly with the first five or so washes. And with the rate this girl is growing it is always good to keep ahead of the game as much as possible. Okay, well that was three reasons I guess.


I just can't say enough about how much I love the Aster Cardigan pattern. As you can tell, my girl loves it too. Yep, the silly faces come out when she is all excited (Just wait 'til I share the bloopers from this photoshoot!). The tutorial was great - easy to follow and nice, clear pictures. And the construction gives it a perfect finish. I will definitely be making more of these!

Ready for those bloopers?


In that first one she has a little rock and roll hand going on. It was a dizzying, but really fun photoshoot!

Stick around as I sew up more great pieces from the Wanderlust collection! Coming soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment